Winter Fly Fishing Classes!
- $200 per person
- 9AM – 3PM
- 3 anglers max per class
*Does not include lunch, flies, leaders, or gratuity.
- January 10th, 2022 – Sold Out
- January 12th, 2022 – Sold Out
- January 13th, 2022 – Sold Out
- January 17th, 2022 – Sold Out
- January 20th, 2022 – Sold Out
- January 21st, 2022 – Sold Out
- January 25th, 2022 – Sold Out
- January 28th, 2022 – Sold Out
- February 1st, 2022 (Instructor: Pat Dorsey)
- February 8th, 2022 (Instructor: Pat Dorsey)
- February 10th, 2022 (Instructor: John Keefover)
- February 15th, 2022 (Instructor: John Keefover)
- February 17th, 2022 (Instructor: John Keefover)
- February 22nd 2022 (Instructor: John Keefover)
- February 24th, 2022 (Instructor: Pat Dorsey)
Learn About Winter Fly Fishing with The Blue Quill Angler in Evergreen, CO
The approach of winter can be a time of sadness for some anglers as they consider the season for fly fishing coming to an end. At the Blue Quill Angler, winter is one of our favorite times of the year to fish. It allows us to enjoy some solitude on the water with nothing more than our gear, the fish, and Colorado’s pristine environments. With the right equipment to endure the elements, anglers can enjoy a bit of solitude and find some hungry fish on nearly any winter outing. This winter, we want to help you keep your line in the water, so we’re continuing with our Winter Fly Fishing Classes throughout this winter.
Discover the Joys of Fly Fishing in Winter
Taking advantage of our Winter Fly Fishing Classes means spending the day on the legendary South Platte River while learning the nuances of catching trout during the winter months. The class begins with a discussion on fly selection and effective rigging for your rod. From there, on to seasonal strategies for where you’re most likely to find trout during the winter. Once these subjects are covered and questions answered, the tactics and techniques for fooling trout are explained. The rest of the day is spent refining your skills with expert insight.