Winter Fly Fishing Class with Pat Dorsey On Private Water!
- $350 per person
- Held at Rawhide Flyfishers or Shawnee Meadows: 9AM-3PM
- 6 anglers max per class
- 2 guides per class: Pat Dorsey & an additional full time guide
- Price includes private water access fee (rod fee)
*Does not include lunch, flies, leaders, or gratuity.
- November 23, 2022 – Rawhide -SOLD OUT
- November 28, 2022- Rawhide -SOLD OUT
- November 29, 2022- Rawhide -SOLD OUT
- November 30, 2022- Rawhide -SOLD OUT
- December 1, 2022- Rawhide -SOLD OUT
- December 7, 2022- Rawhide -SOLD OUT
- December 22, 2022- Rawhide -SOLD OUT
- December 27, 2022- Rawhide -SOLD OUT
- December 28, 2022- Rawhide -SOLD OUT
- December 29, 2022- Rawhide -SOLD OUT
- December 30, 2022- Shawnee Meadows -SOLD OUT
- January 2, 2023 – Rawhide -SOLD OUT
- January 4, 2023 – Rawhide
- January 9, 2023 – Rawhide -SOLD OUT
- January 18, 2023 – Rawhide
- January 19, 2023 – Rawhide
- January 20, 2023 – Rawhide
- January 21, 2023 – Rawhide
- January 23, 2023 – Rawhide
- January 24, 2023 – Rawhide
- January 25, 2023 – Rawhide
Learn About Winter Fly Fishing with Pat Dorsey & The Blue Quill Angler in Evergreen, CO
The approach of winter can be a time of sadness for some anglers as they consider the season for fly fishing coming to an end. At the Blue Quill Angler, winter is one of our favorite times of the year to fish. It allows us to enjoy some solitude on the water with nothing more than our gear, the fish, and Colorado’s pristine environments. With the right equipment to endure the elements, anglers can enjoy a bit of solitude and find some hungry fish on nearly any winter outing. This winter, we want to help you keep your line in the water, so we’re continuing with our Winter Fly Fishing Classes throughout this winter. Leading this class is none other than co-owner of the BQA, SIMMS Ambassador and Southwest Field Editor for Fly Fisherman Magazine, Pat Dorsey.
Discover the Joys of Fly Fishing in Winter
Taking advantage of our Winter Fly Fishing Classes with Pat Dorsey means spending the day on the legendary South Platte River while learning the nuances of catching trout during the winter months. Pat Dorsey begins the day with a discussion on fly selection and effective rigging for your rod. From there, Pat seamlessly moves on to seasonal strategies for where you’re most likely to find trout during the winter. Once these subjects are covered and questions answered, Pat explains tactics and techniques for fooling trout with an unmistakable snack on the end of your line between mid-November and mid-March. The rest of the day is spent refining your skills with expert insight from Pat Dorsey.
Due to the drought we’re in, the flows on the South Platte River near Deckers are forecasted to be low this winter. As a result, and to continue to stack the odds in your favor, we’ve decided to expand our Winter Fly Fishing Classes by offering these clinics on our new private leases outside of Bailey, CO. These leases (Rawhide FlyFishers and Shawnee Meadows) are on the North Fork of the South Platte, which will have favorable flows this winter with Roberts Tunnel staying on.