The Blue Quill Angler Guide Service is looking for an experienced float fly fishing guide to join our team. Anchored by some of the most reputable guides in Colorado, our guide staff has had an unmatched, professional reputation for the last 30 years. All our float trips are on the upper Colorado River, from Pumphouse down to State Bridge. Experience guiding on a drift boat is a must as the Colorado River can be a very technical and dangerous river to row.
- Guide Fly Fishing Trips via a float boat on the upper Colorado River
- Our trips are based on professionalism. Candidates must be able to understand client’s needs and goals for the day. Being a guide is a much more than just catching fish – it’s providing an exceptional, professional experience while meeting client’s needs day-in and day-out.
- Must be oar certified in Colorado
- Ideal candidates will have completed necessary miles to be a ‘lead boat’
- Must work well in multiple guide situations and be a team player
- CPR and First Aid certified (BQA runs First Aid and CPR classes for guides every spring)
- Excellent fishing skills on the Colorado River
- Professional guiding experience, with the ability to handle clients of all experience levels
- Full or part time employment available
- Compensation: Excellent rates paid per trip, in addition to tips from clients, and discounts from our shop on gear needed.
- Lunches are reimbursed by BQA, and flies are provided by BQA
- Experience: Previous guiding and floating experience is a must
- Location: Upper Colorado River; Pumphouse down to State Bridge
How to Apply
You can apply in person by bringing a resume to the Blue Quill Angler – 1532 Bergen Parkway – Evergreen, CO 80439 or by completing the form below and attaching your resume.