The Blue Quill Angler Guide Service is looking for an experienced, full-time, walk/wade fly fishing guide to join our team. Anchored by some of the most reputable guides in Colorado, our guide staff has had an unmatched, professional reputation for the last 30 years.
A little about us:
The Blue Quill Angler has a variety of different permits, which allows commercially guided fly fishing trips on several different rivers and lakes. These rivers include the South Platte River (Deckers, Cheesman Canyon, Dream Stream), Middle Fork of the South Platte River (Badger Basin, Tomahawk), Arkansas River (Leadville down to Salida), the Colorado River (Parshall area and BLM sections – Pumphouse to Statebridge), the Williams Fork River, the Blue River, Clear Creek, and many private water leases.
- Guide fly fishing trips on rivers or lakes. All walk/wade trips, not float trips.
- Teach ethical fly fishing practices and principles.
- Communication with clients before and after the trip.
- Manage personal calendar daily.
- Understanding that safety is always a guide’s top priority.
- Must have prior guiding experience, preferably in Colorado.
- Be able to understand client’s needs and goals for the day.
- Work well in multiple guide situations and be a team player.
- Great communication skills with clients and coworkers.
- CPR and First Aid certified (BQA runs First Aid and CPR classes for guides every spring).
- Excellent fishing skills on tailwaters, freestone rivers, and lakes.
- Ability to teach fly fishing to all different skill sets.
- Full time employment available
- Both half and full day guided trips. (4 hrs for half day, 8 hours for full day)
- Driving to river every day. (1-2 hours each way depending on where you live)
- Compensation: Excellent rates paid per trip, in addition to tips from clients, and discounts from our shop on gear needed.
- Lunches are reimbursed by BQA, and flies are provided by BQA.
- Candidates must have at least 3 years of guiding experience.
How to Apply
You can apply by either:
- Bringing a resume to the Blue Quill Angler – 1532 Bergen Parkway – Evergreen, CO 80439
- emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Completing the form below and attaching your resume.