- Conduct guided fly fishing trips on rivers or lakes.
- Teach ethical fly fishing practices and principles.
- Communication with clients before and after the trip.
- Manage personal calendar daily.
- Understanding that safety is always a guide’s top priority.
- Passion. Your passion for fly fishing and your ability to share that passion with others, is a must.
- Must have 3 years of prior guiding experience, preferably in Colorado.
- Be able to understand client’s needs and goals for the day.
- Work well in multiple guide situations and be a team player.
- Float certification a plus
- Great communication skills with clients and coworkers.
- CPR and First Aid certified (BQA runs First Aid and CPR classes for guides every Spring).
- Excellent fishing skills on tailwaters, freestone rivers, and lakes.
- Ability to teach fly fishing to all different skill sets.
- Full time employment available
- Both half and full day guided trips. (4 hrs for half day, 8 hours for full day)
- Driving to river every day. (1-2 hours each way depending on where you live)
- Compensation: Excellent rates paid per trip, in addition to tips from clients, and discounts from our shop on gear needed.
- Lunches are reimbursed by BQA, and flies are provided by BQA.
- Candidates must have at least 3 years of guiding experience.
How to Apply
You can apply by either:
- Bringing a resume to the Blue Quill Angler – 1532 Bergen Parkway – Evergreen, CO 80439
- emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Completing the form below and attaching your resume.