Leave the men behind, taste the wine, cast a line, and tie a fly at the women’s fly fishing social. An educational evening brought to you by the Blue Quill Angler and Evergreen Trout Unlimited.
Join us for a wine tasting paired with presentations and seminars focused on learning and improving your fishing skills with the following seminars:
- A presentation by Ashley Nagel on “How to Out Fish the Guys.” A Colorado native and mother of two boys, Ashley still finds the time to get on the water. Here, she will share her tips and tricks on how to catch fish on the fly.
- Explore fly tying with Shana Schubert, because catching fish on your own creation is that much more fun!
- Learn to cast or refine your technique with help from Lia LaJoie and Kerry Caraghar.
- Explore various ways to rig a fly rod with Laura Beer and Rachel Kohler.
- Take a look at fly fishing gear made for women to make every day on the water more comfortable.
- Michelle Cleveland from Creekside Cellars will bring along a variety of their fine wines to share with participants.
- Another spin on fly fishing will emerge as Rachel Kohler shares her experience in float fishing. As one of a few, and possible the only female float fishing guide in the Arkansas River Valley, Rachel knows the joys of floating down the river and catching fish.
- Stop by the Evergreen Trout Unlimited booth and ask George Schmidt and Cody Scott how you can get involved.
- April Archer and Cyndy Scholz from the Colorado Women Flyfishers to help you explore all the fun adventures the club organizes.
The end of the evening will bring about drawings for some cool prizes. There are no costs to enter, but you may win fly fishing gear, trips and more!
This is a free event, but registration is required to allow an accurate head count (we want to have enough wine and snacks for all).
To register, please send an email to Cody Scott at email@example.com. Please include your full name, phone number, and email address.