Monday thru Saturday - 9am to 5pm
Sunday - 9am to 3pm
1532 Bergen Pkwy
Evergreen, CO 80439
WHITING ROOSTER SADDLE - GOLD GRADE
For FASTEST PROCESSING, order by Noon MT
Store pickup available
*NOTE: Pictures depict the actual saddles we have in stock. These pictures are taken as soon as we receive the hackle, to give you confidence in ordering the exact color you need.*
These are GOLD graded Saddles from Whiting Farms. These Gold Saddles are some of the finest feathers one can have for tying up dry flies. Saddles produce long, uniform feathers that are fantastic for dry flies! Typical saddles will have feathers ranging from size #12-16, with some saddles having feathers down to a size #18. Looking for smaller feathers? Take a look at our Midge saddles, which have feathers in sizes #18-#22.
With the stiffest, most dense barb count on the supplest of quills, the Whiting's line of saddles are the preferred choice of dry fly tiers around the world. The quality feathers from Whiting produce the best floating dry flies in the world!
Whiting Gold Saddle Features
- Super long feathers that will tie many flies each. This long length almost eliminates the need for hackle pliers.
- Extremely flexible quills. These feathers wrap wonderfully.
- Very high barb density means that you can fully hackle a fly with less turns of hackle.
- Consistent barb length over the entire feather
- Each saddle contains primarily 2 or 3 sizes with some larger and some smaller sizes as well.